Friday, June 25, 2010

Real Housewives

Ok so I will whole-heartedly admit that I am strongly to addicted to everything Housewives, whether it be Desperate Real, Really Fake, whatever. Of course my boyfriend is not so fond of this obsession, but I always tell him that I like to keep drama out of my life and watch it on tv instead. Rerun after rerun it's being embedded in my head that while a lot of this is not real, a lot of it is what people don't want to believe is real. I mean come on, people are constantly talking about how these shows are scripted and fake and whatnot, but who can honestly say that gossip, vanity, fakeness, and greed are not real? As much as I try to keep the draa out of my life, these same things that I see these women deal with week after week are constantly a part of my life and of those around me. If they did a show of my life would it turn out the same way? I mean the Housewives are all incredibly rich so that would sure be lacking here but I wonder...

So when can we decipher what is real and what isn't? I have a hard time with some of the people in my life figuring out when they are telling the truth and when they are elaborating, making up stories, and manipulating people. I have my moments where I want to become Kelly and just live in my own made up world where everything is happy. I know that there are struggles and temptations to do and be all of these things that maybe we shouldn't be. There are times when I could watch a taping of the people in my lives to see something closer to the truth, though I think seeing how it had ended up for most of the housewives, I will continue to be happy in my own little "Kelly" world where everyone is nice and happy :) 3 Weeks until Vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment